Engineering Jobs with Covey Associates
“The highest plane of engineering science can only be attained by the perfect blending of the utility of material things with the beauty of spiritual things…”
- JJC Bradfield, 1923 (the principal design engineer for the Sydney Harbour Bridge)
Engineers look to nature for man-made solutions, finding inspiration in bamboo, the swell of the ocean and the wings of an insect. If you understand this, then Covey Associates wants to hear from you.
We currently have a requirement for the following positions on the Sunshine Coast:
We are a professional engineering consultancy with over 30 years of experience working in Australia and internationally within numerous sectors, including: residential, commercial, environmental, industrial and more.
We encourage collaboration amongst our multidisciplinary team in order to consistently deliver sustainable development through innovative designs.
Why join the team?
We understand the value of retaining our talent which is why at Covey Associates we strive to maintain a friendly and productive team culture that is led by an approachable management team. When you join the team you'll enjoy the following perks:
- Strong career path and genuine opportunity for progression
- Competitive Salary
- Allowance for ongoing development – such as extra leave for further study, seminars or workshops
- Flexible and approachable working environment
About the role
We require a highly capable Environmental/Water Resource Engineer to join our team and work on a wide range of projects.
You will be working within the environmental team on projects covering a range of disciplines and with Developers, Local Authorities and Private & Public institutions. This position may also involve site inspections and project management.
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or similar
- Three to five years’ experience (minimum)
- Prior experience in a similar role within the Australian market
- Demonstrated ability using software packages inclusive of MUSIC, TUFLOW, XP-SWMM, QGIS, statistical analysis software (e.g. SPSS or similar) and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in water sensitive urban design and stormwater management in residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Understanding of relevant legislature, guidelines, and design codes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work well within a team environment
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence and short listing will commence immediately.
Please note only those candidates successful in the shortlisting will be contacted in the coming weeks for interviews.
If you are interested in working with Covey Associates and joining a team that enjoys delivering quality results every day, we invite you to contact us to discuss our employment opportunities.